|Sunday, August 14th, 2011|
4:41 pm - Writer's Block: Friends 4 ever
Do you have a best friend? How old is your friendship?
Yes I have a bestfriend, her name is V.K. We've known each other since we were 4 & 5 years old. We grew up in the same Quaker meeting. She was homesicked & I went to Public School. In 6th grade she started Public School. She was a great academic girl in high school, as well as played sports. She ended up going to Dickinson College for 4 years, graduating with a B.A. in environmental science. She nows for an environmental organization in Vermont. We still managed to see each other through high school, talk on the phone, chat online, write, and email each other. :-)
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, June 16th, 2010|
4:56 pm - westtown internship
This is my first weekend of my 2nd summer doin gthe internship at westtown. so far so good. I'm already feeling tired, but im glad to be down here. |
(comment on this)
|Tuesday, May 11th, 2010|
10:56 pm - noah
noah & i became friends on facebook about probably a year ago, we officially met the fall of 2009, at a music thing. He approached me, i didnt even remember at the time that we were facebook friends. |
after that he would message me randomly and we would chat. then he asked me out on a date (kind of). we went out to eat, then out to listen to some bluegrass music. he was a very nice gentleman.
then he came up twice to hangout, each time we talked about so much, it was alot of fun. Then we started flirting more and more. then about 3 weeks ago, we finally talked about what was going on. he said he didn't know, but wanted to continue doing what we were doing.
then last weekend, he came up to hangout for a bit with me and my friends. ended up staying the night. amazing. then i dont hear from him for the next 5 days.
he texts me and says we need to talk, then gives me the "lets be friends bs". like really? i find it alil weird that it happened like that.
I'm really bummed, im really hurt, and he pulled an "ethan move". i just didnt think that noah would be like that.
i want to talk to him about it again, but im afriad to.
current mood: disappointed
(comment on this)
10:41 pm - a turning point
So I'm not going back to college in the fall, kind of disappointed but at the same time, its no surprise. i guess i just didnt have the mindset for it. I want to succeed so badly but I'm not trying hard enough, apparently. |
my horoscope today was right on track:"Today your key planet Mercury begins to move forward in your karmic 12th House, indicating the current importance of what you say. However, it may not be apparent that you are at a turning point now. Even if you wish that you were much further along, there's no reason to waste time blaming yourself. Just set a new trajectory for the weeks ahead and rest assured that the elusive progress of the recent past will soon transform into growing momentum."
current mood: nervous
(comment on this)
|Saturday, April 10th, 2010|
7:51 pm - sex & the city qoute
"Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with." - sex & the city|
i saw this quote and it made me think of Johanna.
current mood: calm
(comment on this)
|Monday, April 5th, 2010|
4:29 pm - class schedule yay!
im so excited about my fall class schedule! its kick ass!|
Persuasion: 9:30-10:20 MWF
Digital Photo: 5-7pm T & TH
Cross cultural Com: MWF 12:30-1:20pm
Public Com: T & TH 1-2:15pm
Organizational Com: T & TH 8:30-9:45am
I think and hope it'll be an exceptional semester, because im interested in all these classes.
current mood: accomplished
(comment on this)
|Friday, March 26th, 2010|
12:05 am - i miss johanna.
|Monday, January 18th, 2010|
8:45 pm - i live by this
"if you must steal; steal away my sorrows, if you must lie, lie with me all our nights, and if you must cheat; cheat death, because I couldn't live without you" - Leap Year
current mood: chipper
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009|
1:16 am - maddie
jack russell/beagle, her name is maddie, shes months old
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, May 6th, 2009|
10:54 pm - rest in peace johanna justin-jinich
It is with deep sorrow that I write to inform you that Johanna Justin-Jinich ‘10 was killed by a gunman this afternoon at her job at the Red and Black Café on the corner of William Street and Broad Street. This is a devastating loss for Johanna’s family, friends, and for the entire Wesleyan Community. Our hearts go out to all those who grieve for Johanna, and we hope all can find comfort in the support of friends, teachers and classmates.|
JOhanna was one of my bestfriends at westtown school (quaker boarding school). i heard the news today and my heart dropped. I am just feeling of anguish, how could someone take someone else's life?
i love you johanna.
current mood: sad
(6 comments | comment on this)
|Monday, May 4th, 2009|
2:26 pm - grades
Just got my grades i have to say I'm relieved, but i know i can do better.|
Voice & articulation (3 cred): B
Enviro Issues (3 cred): D-
Aerobic Conditioning (1 cred): A
Learning Strategies (1 cred): B+
Psych-family relations (3 cred): B
Intro to Career Development (1 cred): A
Hold me in the light, my court date hearing is this wednesday.
current mood: cheerful
(comment on this)
|Thursday, April 23rd, 2009|
10:51 am - hold in the light.
About 2 weeks ago my (now) ex housemate & i got in a physical fight. The paragraph below is the police report that showed up in our town paper. (So everyone that i know, knows now). This report is from her version. I do take responsibility for what has happened but I'm starting to feel very conflicted with how i feel internally & about my well being (self image wise). Yes I was the one who shoved her first (as soon as i did it, i regretted it immediately). She shoved me & i shoved her to get her off me. HOWEVER as the report states that i hit her several times & shut her hand in the door, i know i did NOT do that. She also mentions a witness, which there wasnt. Her friend was outside the apt & heard what was going on but saw nothing. My bf was at the apt but in my bedroom, didnt see anything but heard everything. Anywhoo that is my version. I dont justify that what i did was right, in fact i apologized to her through email, but had no reply. I am hoping that you'll hold me in the light, ask God for some guidance while I'm going through this. I have a court hearing May 6th, there maybe a 2nd trail as well. If this results in me getting charged I'll most likely have to go through ARD & be on probation for awhile.|
EPG, 21, of Middlebury center, has been mailed a summons to appear for a preliminary hearing on wednesday, May 6th at 10am. She has been charged with 1 count each of simple assault & harassment. On april 7th, 2 females report an assault to Mansfield Borough Police. Catherine L. Griffin, 23, alleged that her roommate E G had pushed & hit her several times & had shut a door on Griffins right hand at their apartment at 150 N Main st. Griffin said G was upset because Griffin would not talk to her after returning to their apartment. Griffin alleged that G began to poud on the bedroom door. Griffin text messaged her friend Samantha VanZile to come to the apartment. G allegedly blocked Griffin and began to shove & hit her. When VanZile tried to open the door, G advised her she was not coming in. The door was open a crack & that is when Griffin reached for it & G allegedly shut the door on her right hand. Griffin stated she had to sign a piece of paper stating that she would talk to G the next day before G would let her leave. Griffin went to the Emergency Room at Soldiers + Sailors Memorial Hospital & was diagnosed with a sprain to her right wrist & thumb.
current mood: anxious
(comment on this)
|Thursday, February 19th, 2009|
8:12 am - where is this going?
so, I met john probably 3-4 weeks ago. I was talking on the phone with someone & he just stood there looking at me. I got off the phone & was like " can i help you?" and he was like "i hope so". He introduced himself to me. I had to get back to class, so he gave me his #, i said i would call him. he said "no you wont really?". i was like "listen when i say im going to do something, ill do it". so i called him 2 days later.|
We met for lunch on campus, we sat there talking for an hour or so. I'll tell you right now he isnt at all what i expected. Let me time you a little bit about him. He's 26, originally from AZ, but grew up in Indiana. He's the 1st male in his family not to go into the Navy. He has a brother & a couple of sisters. He came to MU because he followed his gf at the time. She just graduated in dec, broke up with him, and went back to AZ. He's a geography major, really into Enviro Issues. He has a beagle puppy named Bishop. He has a lip stud. I'll say this & it may make me look ignorant, but my 1st impression was " wow i just met the 1st black whos into enviromentally issues". I'm sorry but those were my thoughts.
So the past couple of weeks, we just met to go to basketball games together. We txted every so often. This past tuesday he took me out to lunch, we had a really nice time together. He just keeps surprising me. He has a job working on a farm and this summer his internship/job is composting. (Gets food from the local hospital & college campus, composts it locally). He wears flannel shirts, loves to skate board, and listens to all types of music.
On wed we attended a bunch of enviro lectures on campus that were taking place. I tell you the things to come out of his mouth, i was just in awww. Then we went to shoot some pool for a couple of hours, got to know each other more. Then we went out for dinner with some friends.
Tonight, we hungout, talked more & more. I cant tell you, enough already that I'm just in aww everything that comes out of his mouth. We'd all like to think we're not predjudiced but i confronted my feelings tonight with him & i was honest with him. I told him that he was the 1st black guy I've been attracted to. He really appreciated my honesty. (it was really hard for me to say it but i told him that).
Honestly, I dont think I've been happier in the past couple of days. I like him alot already, we are taking things slow. Though i know i like him alot, he's like my hippie/enviro/liberal boy fantasy. I never thought I'd meet a match but I think i have. I havent felt like this ina long time, its really nice to feel this.
current mood: bouncy
(comment on this)
|Thursday, February 12th, 2009|
12:42 am - i had a good laugh
So i had a good laugh tonight. So many of you know about the guy named Greg that i was seeing over winter break. So when i went back to school jan 12, we continued to talk. We had a "talk" a week later, it went really well. We both wanted to see where things were going, taking things slow (so e/t was good). Then i don't hear from him (now for almost 4 weeks). I called him once every 7 days, just leaving a msg saying i dont know what i did or said but im kind-of lost in the dark.|
My friend renee who set us up, called him to see what was going on. He said he didnt want a relationship (which im fine w/), says I'm a really nice girl & chill, but the long distance (we are 2 hours apt) would be too hard (him workingn & me being in school). (I'm sorry but 2 hours seems like nothing). She asked him if he had called me (which she knew that he hadnt) & he said no he was afriad to call me b/c he scared that i hate him. she was like listen "emmas not the type of person to hate you or anyone, she just wants you to be honest & upfront". (who you agree?).
So yeah havent heard from him, all the while renee my friend is pissed that he hasnt called. So last wknd she & i printed out pics of all of us from new years. So i sent them to him (cuz you know me & pics I LOVE TAKING THEM & giving them to ppl, ask clarese haha). i just wrote a short note saying, well you wont pick up your phone, i dont know what i did, but here are some pics, enjoy.
So tonight, renee called him & he told her that i had sent him a letter. apparently that scared him. He said he hadnt opened it the letter until he was on the phone w/her. She told him to open. but the reason that he told her that he didnt open it was b/c he thought i was telling him that i was pregnant. (ARE YOU SERIOUS! ) I'm sorry but like he's 29, WTF. if i was pregnant I'd atleast call or tell someone in person, but im sorry when i heard that i was like 'wow you'd think that as men get older they'd get more mature & these head games would stop but they dont'.
Anywhooo....i had to share that, cuz it made me laugh. End of story.
Happy valentines day to everyone! (Happy Gotcha day to me)
current mood: amused
(comment on this)
|Thursday, January 29th, 2009|
12:16 am - pysch quotes
so these were some interesting quotes i found in my pysch book. some of them are very interesting. enjoy. -E
Marriage has become more joyful, more loving, and more satisfying for many couples than ever before
in history. at the same time it has become optional & more brittle. - stephani coontz
1. You are everything you choose to be. - shad Helmstedder, self talk guru
2. The 3 biggest mistakes in life are failing to make wise choices, failing to recognize bad
choices, and failing to correct bad choices (if possible) once they have been made. - marty E
3. The bottom line is that I am responsible for my own well-being., my own happiness. The choices
and decisions I make regarding my life directly influence the quality of my days. - Kathleen andrus,
4. The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep,
and miles to go before i sleep. robert frost
5. The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross & which to burn. - david russell,
6. Be willing to make decisions. Dont fall victim to what i call the "ready: aim aim aim syndrom".
you must be willing to fire. - T Boone Pickens, millionaire oilman.
7. No written law has eer been more binding than unwritten custom. - carrie chapman catt, peace
8. Our lives are shaped by the choices and actions of others around us. -Lorne Tepperman & Susannah
9. all the world's a stage, and all the men & women merely players. they hae their exists &
entrances; each man in his time plays many parts.
10. It's not what we dont know that hurts, its what we know that ain't so. - will rogers, humorist.
11. Some people change when they see the light, others when they feel the heat. - caroline schoeder
12. In the future, marriages & families will more often be defined in terms of closeness. -shirley
zimmerman, family life specialist.
13. Fear not that life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never hae a beginning. -
J.H Newman, Cardinal & philospher
14. Children are the living messages we send to a time we will never see. -John w. whitehead,
15. Polygny, whereby a man can have multiple wives, is the marriage form found in more places & at
more times than any other. -stephanie coontz, family historian
16. If you charge 1, where do you stop? you start prosecuting 10,000 ppl & have 20,000 kids go into
the welfare system. - Mark shurtleff, Utah Attorney General
17. It's complicated- Pax Starr, polyamorist.
18. other things may change, but we all start & end with the fmaily. -anthony Brandt, historian.
19. call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it,
whoever you are, you need 1. - jane howard, anthropologist.
20. What we've shown is a process of suffusion--family becomes more friend-like and friends become
more family like. -Ray Pahl, sociologist.
21. Families are like fudge--mostly sweet, with a few nuts. -barbara johnson
22. Friendships come & go, but families are forever. - kenny rogers, singer
23. Other things may chance us, but we start & end with family. -anthony brandt, author.
24. make all your relationships win-win. - jack turner, psychologist
25. It's never too late to become what you might have been. - george elliot, victorian novelist.
26. The family is 1 of nature's masterpieces. -George santayana, philospher.
27. When 1 ceases from conflict, whether because he has won, because he has lost, or because he
cares no more for the game, the viture passes out of him. - george horton, sociologist.
28. though i have worked many years to make a marriage more equal, i never expected to take
advantage of marriage myself. - gloria steinem, feminist (married at age 66)
29. if we define things as real, they are real in their consquences.- W.I Thomas, sociologist.
30. The nuclear family, rahter than the individual is the emotional unit. -murray bowan, theorist.
31. Our minds have been built by selfish genes, but they have been built to be social, trustworthy,
and cooperative. - matt ridley, "the origins of virtue".
32. If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. - J.P Morgan, billionaire.
33. After all, there is but one race- humanity. - george moore, irish novelist.
34. My latest survey shows that ppl dont believe in surveys. -Laurence J. Peter, canadian humorist
35. What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. - william
36. When i was younger i could remember anything, whether it happened or not. - mark twain, author
37. Relations between women & men have changed more in the past 30 years, than they have in the past
300 years. - stephanie coontz
38. I dont think boys in general watch the emotional world of relationships as closely as girls do.
girls track that world all day long, like watching the weather. - carol gilligan, gender researcher.
39. There is no unisex brain.It follows that these 2 brain models can produce quite different
behaviors. -louann brizendine, the female brain.
40. Few women admit their age. Few men act it. - bumper sticker
41. women always worry abou the things men forget. men always worry abou the things women remember.
42. sex differences are real, biologically programmed, and important to how children are raised,
disciplined and educated. - leonard sax, Why gender matters.
43. I hope the 21st century sees an end to the nature-nurture argument...we need to move forward &
investigate how nature & culture interact. - helen fisher, anthropologist.
44. You are the bow from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. - kahlil gibran, poet
45. one's friends are the part of the human race with which one can be human. - santayana
46. To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge. - Chuang Tzu, 300 B.C.
47. Barbara walters asked afghani women, " why do you now seem happy with the old custom of walk 5
paces behind your husband?". Land mines was the answer.
48. Maasai men may have several wives who cooperate to take care of them & their children. - shaabon
Mgonza, Guide, Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa.
49. The woman most in need of liberation is the woman in eery man and the man in every woman. -
william sloan coffin, clergyman & political activist.
50. I make the most of all that comes & the least of all tha goes. - sara teasdale, poet.
51. as you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best
for you--the 1st time around. -oprah winfrey
52. We need a new definition of masculinity in this new century: a definition that is more about the
character of men's hears and the depths of their souls than about the size of their biceps, wallets
or penises. - michael S. Kimmel, Manhood in america.
53. Therapists report that the most common complaint of women in distressed marriages is that their
husbands are too withdrawn & dont shape openly enough. - howard markman, marriage therapist.
54. If there were a ritual dance of the androgyne, T'ai Chi as performed by this master could be
that dance. It is neither a masculine nor a feminine dance. It has the strength & grace of both. -
55. no longer is the female destined soley for the home & the rearing of the family nor the male for
the marketplace & the world of ideas. - william J. Brennan, Supreme Court justice
56. say you love me every waking moment, turn my head with talk of summertime. - christy to her
young lover, Phantom of the Opera.
57. for loe is such a myster, i cannot find it out. For when i think I'm best resolved, I than am
most in doubt. - John O' Brien, happy marriage.
58. Half our mistakes in life arise from feeling where we ought to think, and thinking where we we
out to feel. -John churton, English literary critic (1848-1908)
59. The game of loe cannot be played with the cards on the table. - Unknown
60. love requires respect & friendship as well as passion. because there comes a time when you have
to get out of bed. - erica jong, novelist
61. but there's nothing half so sweet in life, as loe's young dream. - sir Thomas More, Renaissance
English author & Catholic martyr.
62. The magic of 1st love is our ignorance that it can ever end. - benjamin disraeli, british
63. unless we practice loving feelings toward everyone we meet, day in, day out, we're missing out
on the most joyous part of life. If we can actually open our hearts, there's no difficulty in being
happy. - Ayya Khema, be an island.
64. Men as a rule loe with their eyes, but women with their ears. - Oscar wilde.
65. love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. - robert frost.
66. Love usually begins by deceiving oneself, and usually ends by deceiving the other person.
67. loe is a state of mind that begins when you think life cant be any better, and ends when you
think life cant be any worse. - anonymou.
68. I'm not living with you. we occupy the same cage. - Maggie to her husband brick in Tennessee
williams Cat on a hot tin roof.
69. to those of us who knew the pain of valentines that never came. - Janis Ian, singer
70. My love for you has driven me insane. - Rumi, persian mystic & poet.
71. living with someone you loe can be lonelier--than living entirely alone!--if the 1 that y'love
doesnt love you back. -Maggie to her husband....
72. When a young man complains that a young lady has no heart, it is a pretty certain sign that she
has his. - George D. Prentice, US newspaperman, editor, poet (1802-1870).
73. Next to the atom bomb, the greatest explosion is set off by an old flame. - Evan Esar, humorist.
74. The way to hold a husband is to keep him a little jealous; the way to lose him is to keep him a
little more jealous. - H.L. Mencken.
75. Where there is no jealously, there is no love. - Elizabeth Taylor, actress
76. It is better to loe 2 too many than 1 too few. - Sir JOhn Harrington.
current mood: anxious
(comment on this)
|Tuesday, January 27th, 2009|
7:36 pm - alil bit of pysch for ya
so I just thought I'd share some interesting things that I'm learning in my pysch class-(family relations). Below are True & False statements, test yourself then see what the answers are, you'd be surprised about some. Enjoy! -E
Chapter 1: Choices in Relationships
1. Marriage is losing its allure-based on the new trend toward singlehood, it is estimated that less than 60% of adults will eventually marry.
2. The high rate of interracial marriages reflects the fact that in today's society, people are free to marry whomever they please.
3. An example of postmodern family is a gay family unit or a mother who is single by choice.
4. The most enduring relationships in the family are those between siblings, particularly between sisters.
5. The social exchange framework is the most common framework used in empirical studies of marriage and the family.
1. F 2. F 3. T 4.T 5. T
Chapter 2: Gender in Relationships
1. The case of David Reimer who was reared as a girl, provides convincing evidence of the profound influence of biological wiring on one's gender identity.
2. One's biological sex may most accurately be described as being on a continuum rather than being dichotomously described as being female or male.
3. Up until age 6 or 7 years, children think that they can change their gender and become someone of the other sex.
4. How undergraduate women view themselves is very similar to the way undergraduate men view them.
5. Women earn few than 20% of the Ph.D's granted annually and the percentage has remained stable in recent years.
1. T 2. T 3. T 4. F 5. F
Chapter 3: Love in Relationships
1. Most college students report that they would seek a divorce if they fell out of loe.
2. The most common love style of college students is that of passion and romance (eros).
3. College students report that they are more likely to make relationship decisions with their heart than their head.
4. Undergraduate women are more likely than men to believe that "jealously shows love".
5. Heavy women who lose weight are more likely to become involved in a romantic relationship.
1. T 2. T 3. T 4. F 5. T
Chapter 4: Being single, hanging out, hooking up, and living together
1. Never married single women report higher life satisfaction than never married single men.
2. Black adults & white adults of all ages (>18 yrs) are about equal in terms of the percentage who are unmarried.
3. Singlehood is becoming normative in that 60% of individuals will choose not to marry.
4. Persons who live together & then marry are less likely to et divorced than those who don't live together before marriage.
5. Friendship, not romance or sex, is the goal of the university students who go on the internet looking for someone.
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. F 5. T
Chapter 5: Sexuality in relationships
1. Students who pledge to remain a virgin are as likely to contract a sexually transmitted infection as those who do not take the "virginity pledge"
2. Male undergraduates are almost twice as likely as female undergraduates to report having been involved in a "friends with benefits" relationship.
3. There is no longer a double standard in regard to hooking up: women who hook up are not regarded more negatively than men who do the same.
4. Having sex to avoid conflict in a relationship has a positive outcome for the individual, the couple and their relationship.
5. Greater equality between women & men is associated with higher sexual satisfaction between the partners.
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. F 5. T
Chapter 6: Same Sex couples & families
1. In general heterosexuals have more favorable attitudes toward gay men & lesbian women if they have had prior contact with or know someone who is gay or lesbian.
2. According to the American Psychiatric Associations and the American Psychological Association, homosexuality is a mental disorder that can be cured by reparative therapy.
3. Compared with children reared by heterosexual parents, children reared by lesbians hae less emotional well being and are more likely to be homosexual as adults.
4. In over half the states it is legal to fire a person because of his or her sexual orientation.
5. Nearly 1/4 of US adults say that someone they are related to is gay or lesbian.
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. T 5. T
Chapter 7: Mate selection
1. Persons who participate in a premarital education program show no benefits in relationship quality when compared with nonparticipants.
2. The more individuals have in common, the higher their reported relationship happiness & equality.
3. Persons who end up being in a happy, durable marriage knew each other at least 2 years before they married.
4. As of 2007, around 10% of marriages are interracial.
5. Opposites not only attract but hae more enduring & happy marriages because they keep a relationship exciting.
1. F 2. T 3.T 4.F 5.F
chapter 8: Marriage Relationships
1. Honeymoons are no longer important, as fewer than half of more than 1000 undergraduates reported that is was important to take a honeymoon.
2. Economic security is the greatest expected benefit of marriage in the US.
3. About a third of states now offer coenant marriages & a third of peple getting married in these states elect the covenant alternative.
4. Males & whites tend to report greater marital happiness than females & blacks.
5. Marital satisfaction increases across time- the longer spouses are married the happier they report themselves with each other.
1. F 2. F 3. F 4. T 5. F
chapter 9: Communication in relationships
1. It is possible to predict who is likely to be unfaithful in a relationship.
2. Sharing tasks with one's partner is associated with feeling emotionally close.
3. A parent's demand is often met with an adolescent's withdrawal.
4. Lying about the # of previous partners with the most frequently reported lie told by a sample of university students.
5. One's physiologoical makeup may enhance or impede one's potential to learn communication skills.
1.T 2.T 3.T 4.T 5.T
chapter 10: Planning children & contraception
1. Most men of partners who had an abortion tended to regret the abortion.
2. Most Canadians & US citizens are in favor of adoptees finding out about their parents.
3. Infertile women are more likely to blame their partners than themselves.
4. Children born using reproductive technology have a slightly higher risk of malformations.
5. Children of donor sperm want to find out more about their father because of economic moties.
1. F 2. T 3. F 4.T 5. F
Chapter 11: Parenting
1. Mothers, more than fathers, are much more likely to oerindulge their children.
2. In a national study, about a third of parents reported using a filtering or blocking system on the home computer.
3. An authoritative parenting style where children are held to clear expectations but in a context of warmth seems to have the best outcome for children.
4. Infants who sleep in their parents' bed are at significant risk of sudden infant death syndrome, in comparison with children who do not share a bed with their parents.
5. Parents report higher marital satisfaction than nonparents.
1.T 2.T 3.T 4.F 5.F
Chapter 12: Balancing Work & Family Life:
1. Young attorneys who take time out to have & to rear their children are just as likely to evenutally make partner in their firm as attorneys who do not take out time to have/rear children.
2. Most women with young children would rather be home with their children than be employed.
3. An employed unhappy wife is more likely to divorce than an employed happy wife.
4. When the job interferes with family life, both husbands & wives report decreased job satisfaction.
5. "Leisure activities" was the #1 one problem reported in a study on elderly couples.
1.F 2.T 3.T 4.F 5.T
Chapter 13: Stress & crisis in relationships.
1. Changing one's basic values is the strategy most helpful in coping with a crisis event.
2. College students who throw up, hae hangovers, and have blackouts from drinking too much learn how much alcohol they can consume and adapt on subsequent drinking occasions.
3. Marriage/family therapists report that an extramarital affair is the most stressful event a married couple experience.
4. More than 60% of adults going through the middle years report having a "midlife crisis"
5. On-line marriage therapy (when both spouses are involved) has become as effective as face-to-face marital therapy.
1.T 2.F 3.F 4.F 5.F
Chapter 14: Violence & Abuse in relationships
1. Women who dress seductively, even wives are viewed by both undergraduate men & undergraduate women as partly responsible for being raped by their husband.
2. As of 2006, a Pentagon survey of the Army, Navy and Air Force military academies reported virtual elimination of sexual harassment of women.
3. Women are as likely to stalk a former loer as a man.
4. Women who took self-defense classes reported that men reacted to their attempt to resist rape with overwhelming force.
5. Women in abusive relationships report more psychological symptons (depression/anxiety) than men in abusive relationships.
1. T 2. F 3.F 4.F 5. T
Chapter 15: Divorce:
1. The divorce rate has continued to increase so that by 2006, six in ten new marriages were predicted to end in divorce.
2. Over half the states now provide some form of coenant marriage that seeks to slow couples down (on their way to divorce) and to encourage them to work through their problems.
3. After 15 years of marriage, about 43% of couples will get a divorce.
4. Spouses in loeless, conflicted, unhappy marriages are less healthy/happy than those who divorced/left these type relationships.
5. Whether a spouse initiates the divorce (the dumper) or reacts to a spouse who does (the dumpee) makes no difference in terms of adjustment to the divorce.
1. F 2.F 3.T 4.T 5.F
Chapter 16: Remarriage & stepfamilies
1. About 2 years is recommended between the end of a marriage and a remarriage.
2. Fromthe iew point of the child, the stepmother is more difficult to adjust to than the stephfather.
3. Stepmothers react to the "wicked stepmother" stereotype by viewing the biological mother as mentally unstable and themselves as good for the child.
4. The divorced who live with a new partner before remarriage report a happier remarriage than those who do not live together before a remarriage.
5. Stepparents are encouraged to discipline their own children.
1.T 2.T 3.T 4.F 5.T
Chapter 17: Aging in Marriage & fanily relationships
1. Elderly men tend to report higher marital happiness than elderly women.
2. The process of death, rather than death itself, is the primary fear of the elderly.
3. Good physical health is the primary determinant of an elderly person's reported happiness.
4. "Mastery/Competence" is the way elderly grandparents describe the experience of taking care of grandchildren.
5. For the elderly, attitudes about sex are a more signficant influene on sexual desire than biomedical factors.
1.T 2.T 3.T 4.F 5.T
current mood: amused
(comment on this)
|Monday, January 26th, 2009|
8:57 am - 50 guy phrases translated
50 Guy phrases translated. |
1.He says: I'm pretty much single
He means: I have a gf but you're hot.
2.He says: We should hangout sometime.
He means: I'm afraid you'll say no if I ask you out
3.He says: I'm not looking for a relationship.
He means: I really just want to do you.
4.He says: Shall we split the check?
He means: I'm not into you.
5.He says: Here's an idea: Why don't I just meet you at the restaurant?
He means: I'm not gonna pull out all the stops just yet, so I'm not picking you up at your place.
6.He says: You're such a great friend.
He means: I never want to date you.
7.He says: How long was your last relationship?
He means: Are you up for a fling or looking for something long term?
8.He says: I'm still getting over a breakup.
He means: I plan to get oer my breakup by dating lots of chicks.
9.He says: I don't play games.
He means: I'm a master at game playing, but I don't want you to play them.
10.He says: I'll call you later.
He means: I may or may not call you at some point between now & 3 months from now.
11.He says: My ex is crazy.
He means: I screwed her over and she got upset.
12.He says: I'm not good at relationships.
He means: I don't think you're important enough for me to put in much effort.
13.He says: Let's not rush into things.
He means: I'm still deciding whether you're gf material.
14.He says: Your friend is great!
He means: If I weren't see you, I would go for your friend.
15.He says: My family has been asking about you.
He means: We are definitely a couple.
16.He says: My friends loved you when they met you!
He means: I think I may love you too.
17.He says: He seems like a good friend of yours
He means: Was there ever a thing between you?
18.He says: I'm sorry I haven't called.
He means: I'm sorry but I don't want to deal with your wrath.
19.He says: I've never been with someone like you.
He means: How did I manage to land you?
20.He says: My mom is like that around new people.
He means: My mom isn't a fan of you.
21.He says: I'm not going to change.
He means: I dont have the balls to break up with you, so I'm going to force you to dump me.
22.He says: Seems like a lot of your friends are starting to get married and have kids.
He means: Uh-oh, you're going to start freaking out soon.
23.He says: I thought I knew her.
He means: I was checking her out.
24.He says: It's a guy thing.
He means: If I tell you, you'll think I'm an animal.
25.He says: It's a long story.
He means: It's a story that makes me look bad.
26.He says: I was good on boys night.
He means: Good is a relative term..but I didnt cheat on you.
27.He says: I don't get why girls like him.
He means: I'm feeling insecure, so say something reassuring.
28.He says: My friend is so whipped.
He means: I'm a little hurt that my buddy is choosing a chick over me.
29.He says: You look hot.
He means: Can we have sex later?
30.He says: Isn't that a little revealing for girls' night?
He means: I dont want guys hitting on you.
31.He says: He says: Do I look okay?
He means: I'm not going to change, so this better be okay.
32.He says: That's a new look.
He means: You look weird.
33.He says: I really like those shoes.
He means: I am in so much trouble. I'd better make nice.
34.He says: I just need some space.
He means: I want out.
35.He says: I didn't know it would upset you this much.
He means: I knew it would upset you a little, and that's why I didnt tell you.
36.He says: Don't you think that's a little bit unreasonable?
He means: You're off your rocker, lady.
37.He says: Why are you being so emotional?
He means: Why are you acting like a psycho?
38.He says: Yeah I guess you're right.
He means: I disagree, but more than anything, I want to end this.
39.He says: It's not a big deal.
He means: It's a big deal, but I'm hoping I can fool you into thinking it's not.
40.He says: That's not what I meant.
He means: That's totally what I meant, but now that I see you're mad, I wish I hadn't said it out loud.
41.He says: You're being such a girl.
He means: I don't understand you at all.
42.He says: It's fine.
He means: It's not actually fine, but I', in no mood to discuss it.
43.He says: Can we talk about this later?
He means: I never want to talk about this again.
44.He says (while in bed): I love you
He means: I love the sex that I have with you.
45.He says: I don't want the night to end. Want to hangout some more?
He means: Let's cut to the chase. Am I getting lucky tonight?
46.He says: How many guys have you been with?
He means: Tell me I'm the best you've had.
47.He says: I don't masturbate all that often.
He means: I masturbate more often than you wash your hands.
48.He says: I want to watch you touch yourself.
He means: I am having trouble figuring you out & need pointers.
49.He says: Did you finish?
He means: I hope you finished, because I finished and, boy, am I sleepy.
50.He says: You've never done that before—where did you learn it?
He means: Have you been hooking up with other dudes?
current mood: creative
(comment on this)
|Sunday, December 28th, 2008|
9:46 pm - lately
So i havent updated in awhile, I've just been busy, thining about alot that is going on in my life. I don't know if I'm going back to school for the spring semester. I got a B-, 2 C-'s and F. I know why i got the F & i take full responsibility. I got a letter in the mail from the university saying i was being academically dismissed (UNLESS- i try to re-appeal it), to be honest i was shocked, i thought they'd atleast say that i'd be on academic probation. So i go before the Board on Jan 7th to re-appeal my case, i talked to a couple of friends about it & they said not to sweat it, they do it to all the new students & transfers, just state my case and I'll be fine & get back in. My parents werent too happy about my grades but they said it wasnt the end of the world. |
Before i got my grades, i checked out idealist.org & thesca.org which was very interesting. I found some really cool internships and job stuff. but for the internships you have to be in school, so there is some motivation in me to stay in school in order to do any of these internships.
X-mas break has been alright, just chillin at my rents house, playing & training my dog. Susprisely i just wanna get back into classes, the classes i signed up for are really neat, so im crossing my fingers that i get back in. If i don't then i think I'm headed to FL or CO or CA, who knows, but i need to get outta PA.
Lastly I've met someone. His name is greg, but everyone calls him Guppie. He's 29 years old, we met through a mutual friend of ours. He went to college for 8 years, then graduated and is now a mechanic. He loves working on trucks (Fords esp). He lives with his parents but somehow that doesnt turn me off, i just see as supportive. I went down to state college to stay with him for a weekend, and that was alot of fun. His fam was really awesome and it was fun to hangout. I'll be going down there for new years again with some friends to hangout with him. So I'm crossing my fingers that something will happen. I really like him, im trying not to get too attached. oh he has 4 tattoo's :-)
(comment on this)
|Sunday, November 30th, 2008|
5:55 pm - interesting
Your rainbow is intensely shaded indigo, red, and green.
What is says about you: You are an intelligent person. You appreciate cities, technology, and other great things people have created. Friends count on you for being honest and insightful. You get bored easily and want friends who will keep up with you.Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.
current mood: chipper
(comment on this)
|Thursday, November 6th, 2008|
1:38 am - is this what love feels like?
So I am in love this guy. I really am. I haven't felt this strong about anyone for a long time. His name is prasanth. I met him for the 1st time on Sat Oct 25th in NYC. We met on Indiamatch.com & have been in non-stop communication ever since March, when we first started talking. We aren't committed to each other, but I feel I have committed myself to him & in a way i think he has too. We both it isn't fair to the other, considering that we are 5 hours apart & both living very different lives. He's 26 years old & works as a computer engineer. Graduated from NYU with his masters in 2006.
Meeting him for the 1st time was wonderful, it was everything that i imagined. We had a great time in NYC. It was so normal for us. we walked around, held hands, had our arms around each other, and we had the sweetest good-bye kiss ever.
I'll be seeing him in 2 weeks. I can't wait, its weird but it's like i can't look at anyone else. I care for this person so much that i dont look else where.
I dont know what to do, because i want to be with him, but i know i can't ask him to be. it's not fair to him...I'm troubled about this, because right now i have 2 guys here at school that like me very much, they are nice guys but they aren't prasanth.
current mood: chipper
(comment on this)